We support at-risk families and vulnerable children through services of intervention, prevention, and advocacy.
- regular home visits or phone calls from our social workers
- linking families who are facing financial hardship with WINZ and helping them through the process
- helping you to find safe and appropriate accommodation through Housing NZ .
- advising you on how to access food parcels and other emergency assistance
- assisting you and your children to join cultural programmes, art and sporting activities etc
|Get in touch for more information|
I am writing this letter in appreciation of the kindness and help I received by New Zealand Ethnic Social Services Trust. Given my past situation (things that went down with my family), my visa situation and status, and struggling with a few personal issues, I was really running out of hope and saw no way out; until my partner’s mother brought me to NZESS, and that’s where I met the lovely social worker. She was very warm, kind to me and very considerate, listened intently to the very complicated situation I was put in because of everything I went through, and brought light to a few options I could have. She showed me there was a way when I was really lost, and I will forever be grateful for this. Although not much could be done, social worker got me in touch with an excellent lawyer, who assisted with my visa application, and was very genuine. With his help, my visa got approved without any hassle in a little over two weeks’ time. I cannot express my gratitude enough for this, eventhough it may not seem like much. The social worker gave me hope, and that’s what I am thankful for.
56A Covil Avenue, Te Atatu, South Auckland, New Zealand
Landline: 09 8346668
Mobile: 021 226 5666
Let us get in touch