The NZESS counsellor can provide a safe, unbiased, confidential environment to help you explore and process things more effectively. We will also help you develop better ways of coping with life’s challenges so that you are equipped to manage future problems as they arise.
NZESS offers counselling for adults, both individually and couples.
• Usually it is best to meet the NZESS counsellor in person, but sometimes this is not logistically possible. Fortunately, online counselling using Skype or Facetime or Zoom makes counselling accessible even if you are not nearby.
• If you think that you might be depressed or you are worried about how you feel, then make an appointment with NZESS to help you get things back on track.
• Anxiety affects many people and can get in the way of living an enjoyable life. The NZESS Counsellor can help you regulate your feelings, find ways to address the causes, or a mixture of both.
• If insecurity is a problem for you and your partner, our counselor can help you gain insight and have more control over yourself and your relationship.
• Anger can also be a symptom of underlying issues including stress, depression, or unresolved feelings such as grief, guilt or shame.
• The NZESS Counsellor can help you recognise what is appropriate and what is inappropriate anger and understand your own warning signs so that you regulate your feelings and reactions more effectively.
Get in touch for more information
I am writing this letter in appreciation of the kindness and help I received by New Zealand Ethnic Social Services Trust. Given my past situation (things that went down with my family), my visa situation and status, and struggling with a few personal issues, I was really running out of hope and saw no way out; until my partner’s mother brought me to NZESS, and that’s where I met the lovely social worker. She was very warm, kind to me and very considerate, listened intently to the very complicated situation I was put in because of everything I went through, and brought light to a few options I could have. She showed me there was a way when I was really lost, and I will forever be grateful for this. Although not much could be done, social worker got me in touch with an excellent lawyer, who assisted with my visa application, and was very genuine. With his help, my visa got approved without any hassle in a little over two weeks’ time. I cannot express my gratitude enough for this, eventhough it may not seem like much. The social worker gave me hope, and that’s what I am thankful for.
56A Covil Avenue, Te Atatu, South Auckland, New Zealand
Landline: 09 8346668
Mobile: 021 226 5666
Let us get in touch