Family harm affects many people’s lives. It includes family violence, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, child abuse and neglect, and elder abuse. Abuse is never OK, and neither is feeling scared in your own home.
If you’re feeling scared or are being abused, our services are available to support you in various ways:
- Receiving referrals from police, family harm services, CAB, NGOs , OT and self-referrals
- Phone calls and face-to-face meetings with individuals and families as appropriate
- Advocating for families with emergency housing, women’s refuge, solo parent benefit, sickness benefit, child support, budgeting, Housing NZ etc
- Making a safety plan for at-risk women and children, since their safety is of paramount importance
- Resolving family conflict and dealing with family violence
|Get in touch for more information